So here they are! Capacitive CW touch key for KX2 or KX3.
This is the second version.
The first version did not stand the test. With a nearby transmitter, interference was induced. The device gave false signals. I reworked the circuit of the device. I also redid the board layout. An active protective circuit has been added. Now the device can withstand the high-frequency voltage of my 1 kW amplifier with a bad SWR.
Advantages of the device:
- no mechanical moving parts,
- does not need adjustment,
- not afraid of dirt,
- speed depends only on the speed of your fingers,
- consumes very little power.
Disadvantages of the device:
- you can't work with gloves on.
Video of the device can be viewed on Youtube.
I'll send you the key fully assembled and ready to go. Also included will be 2 bolts for mounting. No modification of the transceiver is required.
You can buy the key for $40 with free shipping. Write me or click the button below. Please provide your exact mailing address and name.
- Received the key last week here in Switzerland. Have been on a SOTA trip yesterday (HB/BE-155) to test the key. Worked without any troubles. Thank you again for your great work.vy 73 de Tom.
I have attached two photos, where I have the key in use. Have made 7 successful sota activations in the meantime with this key.. Will make another actication tomorrow. (HB/SG-057). The key works great at my CW speed (about 85). It also works when using at slower speeds. I rarely use speeds over 90 (HB9EVF)
- Excellent product and received in less than a month.
Perfect sensitivity during cw operation. A valid alternative to the original elecraft key. Well done Evgeny. Thanks! 73 (IK6ZDF Giac from Italy)